We are so excited to be beginning our fourth week of school at Baker-Butler, we are off to a great start! Last week we hosted Back to School Night for our Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade families and this Tuesday at 6pm we will be hosting Back to School Night for PreK, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade families. Parents should report directly to their child’s classroom when they arrive. These nights are for parents only, and focus on building relationships between families and teachers, and learning about the school year ahead. We are so grateful for your attendance and support at these events.
Speaking of attendance, did you know that 8% of our student body was identified as ‘chronically absent’ last year? This designation is for students who miss more than 15 school days over the course of a school year. We encourage all families to send their children to school on-time when they are well, and to reach out to our school support team if there is any way we can better support your child in coming to school on-time each day. We sincerely appreciate your support in this effort.
On September 17th at 6:30pm we will be hosting our first PTO meeting of the school year. At this meeting I will be delivering our “State of the School” address. I encourage all families to consider attending PTO meetings regularly, and to get involved in PTO events throughout the school year. It is our goal to select meeting topics and utilize guest speakers throughout the school year to make these meetings as informative and useful as possible. Thank you for your support of our school. If there is anything we can do to better support your child and their well-being, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Student Verifications are Due! This is a reminder that ALL student information needs to be verified each year unless you are in Kindergarten or new to Baker-Butler this year. So far, about 1/3 of our families have completed this process. Please know this is the information we use to notify you if there is an emergency and it is very important that it is correct. Please see the directions below:
How to Get Started:
1. If you already have a PowerSchool account, please go to https://sis.k12albemarle.org/ and sign in to the Parent Portal. (If you do not yet have a Parent Portal account, please contact your child’s school.)
2. From within the Parent Portal, select the student you wish to update along the top.
3. Click on the button on the left sidebar. (Alternately, you may click on the Applications icon in the top-right corner and then select Student Registration Verification.)
4. SPANISH VERSION ONLY: Click on the English icon and choose Spanish to complete the form in Spanish.
5. Enter your student’s date of birth to verify access to the form.
6. Follow the prompts to begin the form.
7. Review all information on each page and make changes where necessary.
8. Submit a verification form for each of your students. There is no school for students on Monday, September 30th.
THANK YOU The Bike Rodeo was a huge success! Thank you to our fabulous chairperson, Aprillee Spencer, and the countless volunteers who showed up to serve and make it a great event for our Baker-Butler families.